Lake Worth Golf Car Batteries
The battery is the nerve center of your golf car’s activities. Think about it, your golf car can easily take you around 18-hole golf course or across acres of land during your play. With that said, you can only have the confidence of performing every activity successfully when your Lake Worth golf car batteries have no issues.
You can only have such confidence if you understand the batteries condition and know how to maintain and charge them properly. Here are some maintenance tips for batteries.
Golf Cart Battery Maintenance
Golf cart battery maintenance is important to extend the life of the battery. In absence of regular maintenance, you will face performance issues and might have to replace the batteries more frequently. The life of the battery depends on the use of your golf cart. If you are a private owner of a golf cart, you can extend the life span of the battery up to 6 – 10 years. Yes, a golf battery can last for 6-10 years, but not without regular maintenance.
You need to at least check the golf cart battery once in a month. The ideal maintenance should include the following
- Clean the battery especially area around the terminals. Keep the battery free from grime and dirt.
- Check for terminal corrosion, wire fraying, and battery leaks
- Check for any loose wire connections
- Check the electrolyte level and add water if necessary
Though battery maintenance is important, you need to be careful if you are doing it by self. If you are not confident you can always contact battery maintenance services who can clean and maintain the battery for you.
Tips for Cleaning Battery
Cleaning is the important part of regular maintenance. You need to be careful while cleaning the battery and use a battery acid neutralizer before cleaning the corrosion off the battery. Here are some important instructions that you need to follow.
- Prepare a mixture of soda bicarbonate (baking soda) and water. The ideal proportion of the mixture is 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of baking soda mixed in 1 liter of water. You can also make a 50/50 solution mixture.
- Cover all electronic components with a cloth before you spray them. This will prevent acid from moving from one place to the other.
- Close all vent caps tightly
- Spray the mixture over the terminals and upper parts of the battery and let it sit for 2-3 minutes
- Use a soft cloth to wipe down the battery (top and sides)
- Rinse the batteries with clean water to remove traces of neutralizing solution
- Dry the battery with a cloth
- Clean the battery terminals with a terminal cleaner
- Reconnect the battery terminals
- Never use a pressure washer to clean your golf cart battery
After you are done with the cleaning of the battery, you need to ensure the battery cells have the right level of water. The rule of battery watering is – too little water or overflowing will affect the battery negatively so you need to always maintain the correct level of water.
Monthly maintenance of your Lake Worth golf car batteries is not a big ordeal. The effort is worth it as your golf cart can function effortlessly on them and save a good amount of money in the long run.
Click here to learn more now!