5 Tips for Buying a Refurbished Alternator in Wellington
Buying a refurbished alternator can save tons of money and in an emergency that’s what you’ll probably be focused on car battery for sale in Wellington and other automotive parts like these don’t give us much warning and when they go—the car just doesn’t run. Having your schedule and life turned upside down by a machine is frustrating but when money is tight the right company can still give you a spectacular refurbished alternator.
What is the Alternator and what does it do?
In short—an alternator drives electricity that’s needed to charge the battery. It’s a maintenance-free part and when it goes—the electrical system fails.
5 tips to buying a refurbished alternator:
- Have it tested for power: This should be a no-brainer but if you’re buying one from a big chain you could be bringing home a dud. Smaller shops that have been around a while will build it and test it right there with no worries at all. It’s done by a simple voltmeter.
- Make sure it has a warranty: Just because a part is refurbished doesn’t mean it shouldn’t have a warranty. Ask the shop staff what the longest warranty they have is on their used parts.
- Bring your old alternator with you: It’s best to have the removed alternator in-hand when you go to the auto parts store. This way you won’t have a deposit for the alternator core which is just the old alternator.
- Check for specials and Coupons: As we said earlier, most of these issues come as a surprise to us and we have to scramble to get it done. Sometimes that makes us crazy and we hit the first place we see or know of and we end up spending so much more money than we needed to. This can be avoided by just by taking a moment and looking for coupons or specials that are available. Having a relationship with a shop upon getting your car is also recommended as you’ll see on the next point. There are always ways to save money as long as you take a few moments and do nothing in haste.
- Get to know your shop: This is one thing you could do when you buy a car is to get to know the shop you’ll be using going forward. It doesn’t matter how old or new the vehicle is. You’ll also be getting your oil changed. Think of it like having a kid. It’s like looking for a pediatrician and places to buy their clothes and such. Creating a relationship with these places and the people who run it means a little extra help when you need them. Preferably you’ll be using a smaller shop rather than a big chain. There can be vast differences in price and quality those little extras may not cost you as much as they would in a smaller family-run place. Check out our post about the benefits of using your neighborhood shop.
We have been in the Auto business for over 50 years, we service Palm Beach County. We look forward to helping you find the best car battery at the best price. Click here for more information.