BEITER DC POWER MARINE BATTERIES
|Stock Number||MCA Rating||R.C. Rating||Price|
Marine Batteries and RV Batteries
Are your RV and marine batteries up to par? Winter turns to spring and then comes summer. The time when all Marine and RV owners wait for. Nothing is better than hitting the open road or water for a summer adventure. As this time approaches you will want to be certain that your crafts are ready. Otherwise, you will be left stranded and miss out on a whole lot of fun.
Here are some tips to help you prepare your RV and Marine applications for the summer season.
RV, Campers and Motor Homes
There’s never a wrong or right time to prepare your camper for the open road. Perhaps, you like to keep it in running condition all year long just in case you feel like taking a weekend trip. In this case, you will want to make sure your motor home or RV is well maintained. Otherwise, you can perform these maintenance tips at the beginning and end of the season you wish to utilize your camper in. Remember, performing maintenance will also help your motor home maintain its value
- Fluids – Just like other vehicles, it is important that you maintain all the fluids in your motor home. It is highly important that you change the oil and filter to ensure it runs properly. If you do not perform this maintenance task, it could eventually affect your engine. You should change your oil and filter every 3000 to 4500 miles. Check your owner’s manual for advice on your specific vehicle.
- Leaks – Check for leaks around window seals, doors, roof vents and seams. Water damage can end up costing you thousands of dollars in repairs.
- Generator – You will want to maintain the generator, so that you have power when needed. Check the manufacturer’s recommendation on how often you should change the oil and filter in your generator. It could end up costing you a lot of money if build-up is on your carburetor.
- Filters – Replacing the air, fuel, coolant and hydraulic filters in your RV should also be done regularly. These filters could affect the efficiency of your fuel usage, as well as cause the vehicle to overheat.
- Other system checks – Ensure your tires are properly inflated, as this too can affect your fuel mileage. Check brakes, turn signals and windshield wipers, as these are all safety measures you will need to use frequently on your motor home. If they are not working, you will need to replace them before taking off.
- Battery – No one wants to be left stranded, and that is why it is important that you check your battery before heading out. Deep cycle batteries last 3-5 years and should be replaced after their life cycle is complete. Take your battery out during the winter months and store it somewhere warm. They have the possibility to freeze and break, voiding the warranty and rendering them unusable.
Marine Batteries and Applications
It is very important that you take the time to perform maintenance on your marine applications before the summer season begins, because a lot can happen while they are being stored. No one wants to be stuck in the middle of a large body of water with a boat that is not operating correctly.
- Tune up – Make sure the engine is in tip top shape by giving it a tune up. This will also ensure you are getting better fuel mileage and that the boat will run at optimal performance levels. Give your engine a professional tune-up to maximize fuel efficiency and performance.
- Fuel System – Check over the fuel system to ensure that there are no leaks or damages. You will want to replace any broken components and ensure all hoses, fittings and clamps are properly secure.
- Fabric – Check over all fabric parts, such as tops, sails and seats to ensure there is no sign of mold, mildew or tears.
- Safety – Ensure your brakes are working efficiently, and be sure that you have life vests on board.
- Battery – Check the performance of your battery before you leave out. You never want power to become an issue when you’re out on the water.
- Overheating – Check the water pump and thermostat, as these can help protect your boat from becoming overheated and ensure water flows properly through the motor.
It doesn’t matter what type of motor home, camper or marine application that you have, you will want to be sure you maintain it correctly. These are just a few tips to help ensure your RV or Marine application is ready for the summer season. If you are in need of a battery or other power accessory for your application let us know. We are fully stocked with a variety of RV and Marine Batteries.
You can fill out the contact form or give us a call at 877-488-8088. We carry a variety of batteries and accessories here at Beiter DC Power and would be happy to help you with all of your RV and marine batteries.
All Prices are based on a core exchange, otherwise there is a $15 core charge added on
5 Year Warranty
Free Replacement the 1st 12 months after which it is prorated.